Healthy Thanksgiving Dessert Recipe *PUMPKIN SLICE FAT BOMB*
Prep Time: 20 minutes / Makes 8 servings
- ½ bar Lily’s sweetened semi sweet dark chocolate baking bar, chopped (2oz)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- ¼ cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seed butter (or nut butter)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 10 drops liquid stevia (or 1 tbsp of preferred sweetener)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 tablespoons pepitas (more to taste)
- Line a small (8 1/2 x 4 1/2) loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine the dark chocolate and coconut oil, microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds or until soft. Add in the vanilla extract. Mix until smooth and shiny. If the mix is too thick, add in a teaspoon of coconut oil as needed.
- Pour the mix into the loaf pan and spread it in an even layer on the bottom. Sprinkle with pepitas and set in the freezer to harden.
- In the meantime, combine the pumpkin, sunflower butter and coconut oil in a small bowl, microwave for 10-20 seconds to soften, then mix until smooth and uniform in color.
- Add in the stevia, salt and pumpkin spice. Mix until well combined and cooled off.
- Pour this mix over the chocolate layer and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle the pepitas on top and place in the freezer to harden, at least 45 minutes, up to 2 hours.
- Remove the slice from the mold by picking it up by the parchment paper.
- Set on a flat surface and cut into 8 even slices.
Enjoy right away or store in an airtight container in the freezer for grab and go snack.
Happy healthy Thanksgiving!
- Dayna Arena, RN
Please consult with a physician before following any of our protocols or schedule a free consult with SeeBeyond Medicine.