Improve Symptoms of Histamine Intolerance With Our DAO Supplements
Take control of your histamine levels and manage your unwanted allergic reactions by keeping a healthy DAO enzyme function. Diamine oxidase is an important enzyme that helps break down excess histamine in the body to prevent allergy symptoms that can affect your overall quality of life. Daily DAO supplementation can also help with a variety of health conditions such as migraine attacks, rashes, and digestive problems.
At SeeBeyond, we’re committed to providing safe and high-quality dietary supplements for your health and wellness needs. With our expertise in functional medicine, our doctors have created the best DAO supplement that can address the root cause of your histamine intolerance symptoms. We also have other supplements that are beneficial for enhancing your gut health. Contact our team today to know more about our DAO supplement or browse our website.
What You Need to Know About Diamine Oxidase (DAO) Enzyme
Your body contains more than a thousand different enzymes that are responsible for regulating important chemical reactions to keep you strong and healthy. One of the important enzymes is diamine oxidase which is naturally produced in the kidney, thymus, and the intestinal lining of the gastrointestinal tract.
As a digestive enzyme, diamine oxidase is involved in the metabolism of ingested histamine to control uncomfortable symptoms that aren’t caused by allergens or irritants. Low DAO enzyme activity can lead to histamine imbalance which can increase your risk for chronic allergic reactions and other health issues.
Our doctors at SeeBeyond have the experience and knowledge to help address your DAO deficiency problems and provide the right solutions to improve your overall health. Nourish your body with our quality supplements that can help restore optimal diamine oxidase enzyme activity to reduce your histamine reaction.
Factors That Can Affect Your DAO Enzyme Activity
Allergy symptoms usually come and go. However, if you’ve noticed that you’re experiencing unusual allergic reactions more than normal, it can be an indication of poor DAO function and activity. Our doctors at SeeBeyond can provide comprehensive assessments to identify the reason for your low DAO levels. Here are possible causes for DAO deficiency:
- Genetics – Insufficient DAO levels are believed to have a genetic predisposition. Studies show that certain genetic mutations can affect the activity of this histamine-neutralizing enzyme and increase the risk for hypersensitivity reactions. So if a family member has problems with their DAO activity, it’s possible that you may also inherit it.
- Certain medications – There are also prescription and over-the-counter drugs that may affect your DAO activity and histamine level. These medications contain substances that can inhibit the action of diamine oxidase for histamine metabolism. Some examples of these drugs are analgesics, antiarrhythmics, antidepressants, and mucolytics.
- Hormones – Hormonal imbalances can also impact your histamine and DAO activity. Studies suggest that fluctuations in estrogen and progesterone levels may slow down the production of diamine oxidase which, in turn, may affect histamine levels.
- Gastrointestinal disorders – Your gut health is also an important histamine manager since it’s directly linked to your DAO function and production. If you have underlying digestive conditions, such as irritable bowel syndrome or Crohn’s disease, you may be more prone to having elevated histamine levels.
- Nutrient and vitamin deficiencies – Not getting enough vitamins and nutrients from your daily diet can also increase your risk for DAO deficiency. Vitamin B6, copper, zinc, and magnesium are some of the important nutrients for ensuring optimal DAO function.
- Histamine-rich food – Consuming too many high-histamine foods may also affect your DAO activity or lead to excess ingested histamine that your digestive enzymes won’t be able to break down easily. Some examples of high histamine food are fermented foods, cheese, citrus fruits, dried meats, and certain vegetables like eggplant and tomatoes.
- Alcohol consumption – Excessive alcohol intake can also interrupt the normal production of diamine oxidase enzymes in the digestive tract, leading to impaired histamine metabolism.
Diamine Oxidase Deficiency and Histamine Intolerance: What’s the Connection?
Each person has one or two things that they’re probably allergic to. When they’re exposed to their particular irritant or allergen, the immune system reacts by stimulating histamine release to try to ward off these harmful substances. This often leads to common allergy symptoms like sneezing, runny nose, or itchy skin.
However, it’s also possible to experience uncomfortable allergic reactions without actually encountering your known allergens. Contrary to its name, histamine intolerance doesn’t mean you have a particular sensitivity to histamine in the body. This condition refers to having high histamine levels that occur when your body is unable to properly process ingested histamine that comes from the food that you eat.
DAO deficiency is the number one reason for developing histamine intolerance, making you more vulnerable to having an uncontrolled allergic reaction. At SeeBeyond, our doctors can recommend appropriate nutritional therapies and dietary supplements to help restore your DAO levels and improve your histamine intolerance symptoms.
Common Signs and Symptoms That You Have Low DAO Activity and Histamine Intolerance
Histamine intolerance from DAO enzyme deficiency is different from your usual allergic reaction. According to a study, it’s a rare condition that typically affects a small percentage of the adult population, with mostly middle-aged patients. It’s important to know what signs and symptoms to watch out for so you can get the right treatment for DAO deficiency and histamine intolerance.
Here’s an overview of the possible reactions associated with high histamine levels:
- Chronic headaches or migraine attacks
- Digestive problems, such as stomach pain, cramps, and diarrhea
- Abdominal pain
- Nasal congestion and runny nose
- Rashes, hives, and other skin disorders like psoriasis, dry skin, or atopic dermatitis
- Nausea and vomiting
- Irregular periods
- Muscle aches
- Asthma or difficulty breathing
- Cardiovascular symptoms like hypotension and hypertension
Manage Your Histamine Levels With DAO Enzyme Supplements
When it comes to allergy management, the best way is to know your potential triggers and avoid them to avoid histamine reactions. However, treating histamine intolerance isn’t always as simple as keeping away from your allergies. At SeeBeyond, we can address your high histamine levels by supporting your DAO enzyme activity and restoring normal histamine metabolism.
According to a study, DAO supplements can provide significant symptom improvement in patients who are suffering from histamine intolerance. Oral diamine oxidase supplements show promising effects for minimizing the severity and occurrence of histamine intolerance reactions such as:
- Improvement in cardiovascular symptoms
- Management of gastrointestinal issues such as abdominal pain, constipation, and feeling of fullness after meals
- Reduced headaches, vertigo, and migraines
- Improvement in respiratory conditions like nasal congestion and sneezing
- Clearing up of skin symptoms such as urticaria and dry skin
Our DAO-Hist supplement contains a patented enzyme formula that can support the degradation of food-derived histamine. It may help curb the symptoms related to histamine intolerance and improve the production of your body’s DAO enzymes. It also contains other ingredients such as microcrystalline cellulose, HPMC (capsule), sucrose, ascorbic acid, hydrated magnesium silicate, polyvinylpolypyrrolidone, rice starch, and shellac.
It’s best to take this dietary supplement along with a low-histamine diet. Changing your lifestyle and eating habits is one of the most effective strategies for managing your high histamine levels. Our doctors can provide tailored recommendations for a low histamine diet that can go well with DAO supplements.
Other Essential Supplements That Can Help With DAO Enzyme Function
If you’re also suffering from certain vitamin deficiencies, taking other nutritional supplements may be helpful in addressing your low DAO levels and histamine intolerance symptoms. Here are other essential vitamins that may help increase your DAO enzyme activity:
- Vitamin B6 – This water-soluble vitamin is believed to be an important cofactor for regulating the function of DAO enzymes. Several studies suggest that there’s a correlation between the decrease in DAO production and vitamin B6 deficiency. Daily supplementation may help improve overall DAO activity to prevent histamine intolerance.
- Vitamin C – This vitamin contains potent antihistamine properties and is vital in the production of DAO enzymes. Taking oral vitamin C supplements may help improve your histamine intolerance symptoms and restore balance to your DAO levels. It’s also a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory vitamin which can be beneficial for your overall health and wellness.
- Vitamin D – This is one of the most important vitamins that aid in the proper absorption of minerals, such as calcium, iron, copper, zinc, and magnesium. Some of these minerals are essential in producing DAO enzymes to support the healthy metabolism of ingested histamine.
We also offer other supplements for addressing digestive problems and improving gut health. Our My Probiotic contains essential probiotics that can help relieve small intestinal bacterial overgrowth which is a potential factor for DAO deficiency. We also have a complete My Gut Package which includes 3 different supplements that can support your digestive health and its function.
Let Our Doctors at SeeBeyond Help Address Your Histamine Intolerance
If you’re experiencing chronic allergy symptoms, it may be time to consult with a professional doctor to check if it’s still caused by your usual allergens or histamine intolerance. At SeeBeyond, our team has expertise in clinical nutrition and functional medicine. Led by Dr. Joon Lee, we’re committed to providing safe and effective solutions for your specific health condition.
We can provide comprehensive assessments and consultations via our Telemedicine service. This way, you can have one-on-one discussions with an expert about your histamine intolerance symptom and receive proper recommendations on how you can treat your DAO deficiency. All our supplements are made with the best, non-GMO ingredients to guarantee your safety. For more information about our products, you can call or email our customer care team.
FAQs About Our DAO Supplement
Q: How often should you take DAO supplements?
A: You can find the directions for recommended use in the label of our DAO-Hist supplement. Generally, we recommend taking 1 capsule a day to improve the symptoms related to DAO deficiency and histamine intolerance. Consult with our doctors or your healthcare provider if you have other concerns about starting DAO vitamins.
Q: How effective are DAO supplements?
A: Although further research is needed, there are already several studies that show the promising benefits of DAO supplements for managing histamine intolerance. With its special enzyme formula, our supplement can assist in the degradation of food-derived histamine in the digestive tract. For optimal results, it’s best to be on DAO supplementation while following a low histamine diet to enhance your overall health.
Q: Are there side effects to taking DAO supplements?
A: There are no reported side effects or adverse complications based on studies on DAO supplements. However, you should still take them in moderation and follow your doctor’s recommended dosage to avoid any unwanted reaction.
Q: How can I get my supplements from the shop?
A: You can purchase DAO supplements from our website and expect delivery within 3 to 7 business days. The shipping fee is usually waived if your online order exceeds $100. Otherwise, our shipping costs are around $9.95 within the Continental United States, $19.95 in Hawaii and Alaska, and $39.95 in other locations. You can also arrange for store pick up from our main office at 2 Overhill Road, Suite 260, Scarsdale, NY.
Get Your DAO Supplement Today and Enhance Your Health and Quality of Life
Live your best life when you enhance your DAO function and control your histamine reactions with high-quality vitamins and supplements from SeeBeyond. Our DAO-Hist supplement is your best partner for supporting the healthy metabolism of ingested histamine so you won’t have to worry about experiencing uncomfortable symptoms.
SeeBeyond is your trusted provider of the best supplements that can help address a wide range of histamine intolerance symptoms, gut issues, and other health conditions. You can rely on our team to give you expert nutritional solutions that will enhance your overall quality of life. Schedule a complimentary consultation with us today to know which of our DAO supplements will work best for you.