Restore Optimal Skin Moisture With The Best Dry Skin Cream
Getting older doesn’t only mean having prominent wrinkles and fine lines on the face. In some people, aging skin can also appear dry, dull, flaky, and rough due to a lack of water that’s essential for keeping your dermal cells and connective tissues hydrated. While living with dry skin doesn’t usually pose a serious health concern, it can be frustrating and embarrassing to deal with on a daily basis.
Fortunately, dry skin is relatively easy to manage and with the right skin care cream, you can restore a softer, smoother, and well-moisturized appearance. At SeeBeyond Medicine, our expert doctors can help you find the best moisturizing cream among our various products for skin rejuvenation. Browse our online shop today or call our customer care team to know more about our moisturizer creams for dry skin treatment.
Understanding Dry Skin and Why You Have It
Anyone can become a dry skin sufferer without properly taking care of their skin and ensuring that it gets enough moisture. This condition is also sometimes referred to as xeroderma, while having severe or extra dry skin is medically known as xerosis. According to a study by The International Society of Dermatology, about 34.5% of people with a sensitive skin type also have dry skin.
This problem is often worsened during colder months, with at least 69% of Americans sharing that they experience extreme skin dryness and itchiness as soon as winter comes around. Dry skin isn’t as complex as it seems and it can be easily explained by the loss of suppleness and moisture that comes with aging.
To better understand why dry skin happens, here’s an overview of your skin structure and how it changes as you age:
- Epidermis: This is the topmost layer that functions as a skin barrier and protects your body from UV rays, bacteria, and chemicals. It also contains the stratum corneum which retains water to keep your skin healthy and moisturized. However, as you get old, your epidermal layer thins and it becomes unable to hold as much hydration which leads to dry skin symptoms.
- Dermis: Found in the middle layer of the skin, the dermis contains various blood vessels, nerves, collagen, and elastin fibers that give your skin its elastic structure. Aging causes a significant decline in collagen production as well as hyaluronic acid which causes the skin to appear drier and dehydrated. It also produces less natural oil or sebum which provides a rough, dry skin feeling.
- Hypodermis: This is the bottom layer of skin in the body which is essential for regulating body temperature by producing sweat. As you age, the fat layer and connective tissue in the hypodermis also decrease in size which causes your skin to lose elasticity and appear sagging.
Common Factors That Can Cause Dry Skin
Our skincare doctors at SeeBeyond Medicine believe that knowing the factors that lead to dry skin are essential to help you manage your overall skin health. Here are some of the potential triggers for having dry skin:
- Changing weather conditions: Dry air from cold temperatures can diminish your skin’s water content and oil production which can lead to xeroderma. This may also lead to the appearance of cracked and flaky skin.
- Use of certain soaps and skincare products: If you’re using a cleanser, moisturizer, or face cream with harsh chemicals or ingredients, it may remove oil from the dermal layer and result in a dry and irritated skin condition.
- Vitamin deficiency: Some cases of chronic dry skin are linked to vitamin and nutrient deficiencies. For example, not having enough vitamin B in your diet can affect your body’s metabolism of fat and proteins which are needed by your skin to stay healthy. Lack of vitamin C can also affect your collagen production and result in rougher and dry skin texture.
- Too much heat or sun exposure: Staying under the sun for a long period of time increases your risk for dry skin. This is because frequent sunlight exposure can quickly dry out your natural oils and moisture, leading to prematurely aged, wrinkly, and dehydrated skin. It can also lead to the appearance of pigmentation and uneven skin tone and texture.
- Genetics: Your family history and genes can also affect your skin type. It’s believed that certain genetic markers can influence the production of filaggrin which is an essential protein for maintaining your skin barrier function. It’s also possible that you may inherit certain medical conditions, such as diabetes and thyroid disease, which can cause severe dry skin.
- Medications: There are also medications that may cause excessive skin dryness or increase your sensitivity to sunlight. Some common examples are blood thinners, antibiotics, and high blood pressure medications.
Are All Dry Skin Problems The Same?
Dry skin is the most common symptom of almost all types of dermatoses. When you’re searching for an appropriate treatment for your condition, it’s important to determine which type of dermatitis you have. Here are some of the common skin conditions that can cause dry skin:
- Contact dermatitis: This is one of the common skin problems that can cause dry, scaly, and itchy skin to appear. It happens mostly due to exposure to a substance that irritates your skin or triggers an allergic reaction. This condition may also be accompanied by blisters or rashes.
- Atopic dermatitis: Also known as eczema, this condition often causes inflamed, itchy, and dry patches on the skin. It’s mostly caused by having a weak skin barrier function that accelerates the loss of moisture. Many people with atopic dermatitis can develop dry sensitive skin due to frequent scratching of the irritated areas.
- Dyshidrotic dermatitis: This skin condition usually affects the palms, fingers, and soles of your feet. It often causes small blisters and dry skin which are triggered by a variety of factors such as allergies, excess sweat, and a weak immune system.
- Seborrheic dermatitis: This dry skin condition commonly affects the scalp and occurs due to the production of excess oil. Its other symptoms include flaky skin, itchiness, and patches of dried skin.
My Daily Starter Kit by SeeBeyond: The Best Package To Keep Your Skin Nourished and Healthy
Complete your daily beauty regimen with all the essentials you need to prevent signs of dry skin. Our doctors prepared ‘My Daily Starter Kit’ with the best toner, serum, and sunscreen that will help keep your skin hydrated and moisturized. Here are the products included in this skincare package:
- Beta Hydroxy Purifying Cleanser: The key to a good skincare routine is cleansing your face thoroughly to remove excess oil, dead skin cells, and other impurities. Our facial cleanser is made with essential alpha and beta hydroxy acids such as glycolic acid, salicylic acid, and lactic acid which encourage gentle exfoliation of the skin. It’s also uniquely formulated with a creamy base to provide deep hydration and nourishment to prevent dryness.
- Hydrating Skin Toner with CoQ10: Made with Coenzyme Q10, this hydrating toner provides potent antioxidant properties to minimize skin damage from free radicals and other environmental pollutants. It also contains other moisturizing ingredients such as aloe vera, chamomile extract, lavender, and aloe vera to deeply renew your dry and damaged skin.
- Beyond Vitamin C Serum: Improve your skin barrier with the enriching blend of vitamin, vitamin C, and ferulic acid in our serum. This is specially formulated with Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate which is said to be the best form of Vitamin C because of its ability to deeply penetrate the skin and deliver its antioxidant effects without any irritation. It also works well with hyaluronic acid to retain moisture and induce collagen production.
- Beyond Sunscreen Tinted Broad Spectrum SPF 30: Get the sun protection you need while keeping your skin hydrated with the help of our Beyond Sunscreen Tinted Broad Spectrum product. This is made with zinc oxide and titanium oxide that helps shield against harmful UV rays. It also contains aloe vera as a key ingredient for moisturizing and soothing the skin.
Hyaluronic Acid Products: Your Savior from Skin Dryness and Dullness
Adding a hyaluronic acid product to your skincare routine is one of the best things you can do for your dry skin. HA is one of the most popular ingredients included in most cosmetic products today. According to studies, it shows amazing skin moisturizing benefits and supports cellular regeneration. It also helps enhance the delivery of other skincare products, such as face moisturizer, lotion, and creams into the deeper layers of the skin so you can get its effects.
At SeeBeyond Medicine, we offer Vitamin D3 Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer which can be used as a daily body lotion. It contains hyaluronic acid, cholecalciferol, and squalane which are essential substances for skin repair and nourishment. You can apply this every day to areas where the skin appears severely dry.
Get the most out of the skin-boosting benefits of hyaluronic acid with our Beyond Quenching 100% HA Serum. This skincare product is formulated with pure hyaluronic acid to restore optimal moisture content and improve the tone and elasticity of your dry and dull skin.
Other SeeBeyond Products That Can Help With Your Dry Skin Concern
1) Exfoliating Seaweed Extract
Get rid of dead skin cells by applying our Exfoliating Seaweed Extract that’s rich in moisturizing ingredients such as hyaluronic acid and salicylic acid. It provides a chemical exfoliation action to remove impurities and renews the skin barrier to prevent moisture loss and dryness. It’s also made with Chondrus Crispus (Seaweed) to soothe and soften the skin after application.
2) Ceramide 3 Lipid Replenisher
Say goodbye to dull, rough, and crepey skin with the help of Ceramide 3 Lipid Replenisher. According to studies, ceramide is an important lipid that helps improve skin barrier function and restore moisture to extremely dry skin. Using a face cream with ceramide can also address signs of aging, including wrinkles and fine lines, so you can enjoy a more youthful appearance. Its formulation is suitable for all skin types, including dry, sensitive, and acne-prone skin.
3) Microdermabrasion Exfoliating Scrub
Experience much-needed facial pampering with our Microdermabrasion Exfoliating Scrub. Made with hyaluronic acid and red tea extracts, this product helps revitalize the skin by improving hydration and providing protection from free radicals. It also contains aluminum oxide crystals which are used in professional microdermabrasion treatments to remove dead and damaged skin cells.
4) Anti-Aging Peptides
This face cream is made with hydrolyzed collagen which is a popular skin supplement that helps enhance skin firmness and minimizes the appearance of wrinkles. It also deeply hydrates the skin to reduce skin dryness, peeling, and dullness. Additionally, this product contains the skin-enhancing power of Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 and Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1 which are helpful for cellular growth and collagen production.
SeeBeyond Medicine: Helping You Find The Right Moisturizing Creams For Your Dry Skin Needs
Show your skin some love and give it the care that it deserves with the help our products at SeeBeyond Medicine. Our skincare creams, moisturizers, serums, and sunscreens are made with the highest quality ingredients that will help protect your skin and renew it from the inside out.
If you’re unsure about which product to use, you can reach out to one of our specialists via our Telemedicine service. Led by Dr. Joon Lee, our team has extensive experience in providing expert advice and solutions to treat your condition and improve your skin health. You can also call or email our customer care team if you want to learn more about the contents of our face moisturizer, hydrating cream, and serum products.
FAQs About Dry Skin Creams
Q: When should you apply moisturizing cream in your skincare routine?
A: A face moisturizer is typically applied to the skin after cleansing and putting on the serum. It’s ideal to apply them while the skin is still damp to help lock in the moisture. For more details, you can check the instructions that are included in each of our products.
Q: Can you use moisturizing creams for dry skin every day?
A: Yes, using a face moisturizer every day can help prevent extreme skin dryness. It can also help reinforce your skin barrier and provide additional protection against free radicals, oxidative stress, and other harmful pollutants. They may also help slow down skin aging and keep signs of wrinkles and fine lines at bay.
Q: How can I get my order from the shop?
A: You can purchase your dry skin cream from our shop online and expect delivery within 3 to 7 business days. If your order exceeds $100, you don’t need to pay the shipping fee. Otherwise, normal shipping costs $9.95 within the Continental United States, $19.95 to Hawaii and Alaska, and $39.95 to other locations. You can also pick up your items from our main office at 2 Overhill Road, Suite 260, Scarsdale, NY.
Improve Your Skin’s Texture and Appearance When You Shop for Dry Skin Creams Today
Develop the habit of using moisturizing creams and serums to fight the signs of dry skin. SeeBeyond Medicine is your trusted provider of quality skincare products that can help address a variety of skin issues and enhance your beauty. Visit our online shop to check out our stocks or contact our team to know more about products for dry skin.