Restore Your Normal Digestive Function with Digestive Supplements from SeeBeyond Shop
Digestive health is an important aspect of the human body. Healthy digestion entails the proper functioning of enzymes for efficient nutrient absorption and the breaking down of all the essential elements for the optimal functioning of the body. However, due to various factors, the body tends to lack a sufficient amount of enzymes to facilitate proper absorption.
Hence, digestive health conditions arise. Fortunately, digestive enzyme supplements are available to eliminate digestive symptoms and support proper digestion. Learn more about our digestive supplements by scheduling a consultation with us. Your first consultation is free here at SeeBeyond Shop.
Understanding Your Digestive Problems
Digestive enzymes are special proteins produced by the body to break down food molecules into digestible substances for efficient vitamin, mineral, and nutrient absorption. Normal digestion is made possible by digestive enzymes so your digestive problems or mild symptoms such as bloating, may be a case of digestive enzyme or even pancreatic enzyme deficiency.
1) Digestive Conditions
Poor digestion is caused by conditions that affect the gastrointestinal or digestive tract such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD). Some symptoms that are indicative of poor digestive health include the following:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Lactose intolerance
- In severe cases, bleeding and abdominal pain
2) Possible Causes of Digestive Problems
Symptoms of poor digestion may be traced to medications, underlying medical conditions, or lifestyle habits, such as the following:
- Oral Medication. Digestive problems may be a side effect of painkillers, antacids, or antibiotics. These usually subside after the intake of medication.
- Poor hydration. Insufficient fluid intake may harden the stool, reduce the number of bowel movements, and lead to digestive issues such as constipation.
- Diabetes. The tendency of diabetic individuals to experience high blood sugar may have an impact on the quality of digestion.
- Stress. High levels of stress may cause diarrhea, or worsen IBS or IBD. This factor is also known to increase stomach acid production.
- Processed food. Frozen meals are among highly processed foods that can cause blood sugar spike and inflammation, leading to poor digestion.
- Intolerance. The body’s difficulty in absorbing nutrients and vitamins in food results in digestive reactions such as diarrhea or bloating.
- Digestive enzyme insufficiency. Some conditions include cystic fibrosis, chronic pancreatitis, or any condition that disrupts your pancreas.
- Heart Health. The symptoms you experience in your digestive tract, such as abdominal pain, may indicate poor heart health.
Having an idea about these factors may help your doctor determine the specific digestive enzyme you lack to prescribe accurate digestive enzyme supplements.
3) Diagnosis of Digestive Problems
Each digestive enzyme has a unique function so intake of digestive supplements must heavily consider the digestive condition to be targeted. Taking note of your symptoms is an important part of the diagnosis of your digestive health concern, but running some tests is still recommended.
There are several tests that are conducted to diagnose digestive conditions, such as the following:
- Capsule endoscopy
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography
- Endoscopy ultrasound
- Upper GI endoscopy
Digestive Supplements that Address Digestive Problems
Digestive enzyme supplements facilitate proper digestive system function and nutrient absorption. Dietary supplement medications for optimal enzyme production may be prescribed or acquired over-the-counter. Moreover, the following supplements that are important to address digestive issues are the following:
- Vitamin D. Calcium absorption in the intestine is assisted by vitamin D. Aside from that, vitamin D also plays a crucial role in intestinal motility and its related symptoms.
- Lactase. Deficiency in lactase enzymes directly results in lactose intolerance wherein the body is not able to properly digest the sugar found in milk.
- Amino acids. Also known as the building blocks of protein, these substances play a role in digestion and reducing the acidity of the digested food.
- Amylase. Carbohydrates are efficiently broken down because of amylase, which is an enzyme made in the pancreas and salivary glands in the mouth.
- Lipase. Lipase is an enzyme produced in the pancreas, mouth, and stomach, that are responsible for breaking down fats for proper intestinal absorption.
Digestive supplements are not a sufficient stand alone treatment, especially for severe cases. Consultation with a registered dietician is important for effective diagnosis and treatment of your digestive issues. Some medical cases where intake of these supplements may not be safe or recommended are the following:
- Galactosemia, a genetic condition, should avoid alpha-galactosidase
- Precose, a diabetic medication
- Pancreatic insufficiency
- Congenital Sucrase – Isomaltase Deficiency (CSID)
- Sugar alcohol intolerance
- Food allergies
- Celiac disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
Why You Should Choose Safe and Effective Digestive Supplements from SeeBeyond Shop
Digestive enzyme supplements are essential for proper digestion, which is why SeeBeyond Shop offers a wide variety of dietary supplements for every digestive health concern.
Our knowledge and expertise led to a comprehensive dietary supplement that is suitable to address your digestive enzyme deficiency and facilitate optimal digestion. The following are our currently available dietary supplements for digestive health:
Add Complete Digest Supplement – this needs to be the first Supplement on this page
Add DAO Hist and My Probiotic to this section
- Niacin 500. This supplement facilitates food digestion through vitamin B3 substances. With the controlled release technology (CRT) incorporated in each Niacin 500 tablet, niacin is delivered at a controlled rate during a period of 6 to 8 hours, which regulates bowel movement and minimizes the likelihood of incidents of flushing.
- Go Fiber. Every serving is filled with 6 grams of dietary fiber that is designed to support those who have frequent constipation. This is a hypoallergenic fiber blend that is beneficial for those who are sensitive to psyllium, wheat, corn, or citrus.
Our team at SeeBeyond Shop has the ultimate goal of helping you resolve all your health issues with effective and functional medicine. Learn more about each digestive enzyme supplement by scheduling your first free initial consultation with us.
Distinctions Between Gut Health Supplements and Digestive Supplements
The scope of gut health covers digestive health, however, digestive health mostly focuses on optimal digestion. Gut health is not limited to healthy digestion, although it is encompassed by it; it includes the intestines (i.e, large and small intestine) as well as the healthy activity of bacteria within the gut.
Another difference between gut health and digestive health is that the conditions arising from poor gut health are often resolved with probiotic supplements, while digestive enzyme supplement medications are usually prescribed for digestive health concerns.
Maintain Normal Digestion with Supplements at SeeBeyond Shop
The health benefit of a dietary supplement depends on its purpose so it is recommended to consult a dietician or nutritionist for proper supplementation to improve your digestive system function. Digestive enzyme supplement is the key to optimal digestion and enhanced nutrient absorption.
Our dietary supplements for the overall functionality of your digestive system are important to ensure proper digestion. Learn more about our digestive enzyme supplements by scheduling your first free initial consultation with us.