Improve Your Melasma Condition With Our Topical Skincare Creams
Your skin is in a constant state of change as you age. From having a smooth, radiant, and flawless appearance to losing skin elasticity and developing facial wrinkles and unwanted spots, your face gradually loses its once youthful glow and complexion. You may also develop melasma which is said to be one of the common skin pigmentation disorders that can be difficult to treat.
At SeeBeyond Medicine, our expert doctors are committed to developing safe and effective solutions that can help improve your facial condition and skin health. With our expertise in skincare, we’ve formulated topical treatments for your spots and dark patches. We also offer other products that can protect your skin from the early signs of photoaging. Browse our shop today or call our customer care team to know more about our creams for melasma treatment.
What You Need to Know About Your Melasma Problem
Freckle-like spots, dark patches, uneven skin tone, and discoloration are some of the common manifestations of melasma on the skin. Sometimes, this disorder can also appear as bluish-gray patches in individuals with darker skin tones. This skin condition typically shows on areas that are frequently exposed to the sun, such as the cheeks, chin, forehead, nose, upper lip, jawline, neck, and arms.
While melasma is typically not a cause for a serious health concern, people who have its symptoms can’t help but feel self-conscious and insecure about their appearance. Unlike other skin problems that can be cured by conventional treatments, there’s no solution that can make a dark spot from melasma immediately disappear.
Fortunately, our team at SeeBeyond Medicine can provide you with the best skincare creams for melasma treatment. Our products are doctor-formulated with the highest-quality ingredients for clearing your patches and addressing your hyperpigmentation concerns. With our melasma creams, you can swiftly fix your pigmentation issues at home and enhance your overall complexion.
Possible Causes of Melasma Spots on Your Skin
Every individual has melanin which is produced by a special type of skin cell called melanocyte and it’s responsible for giving your skin its unique color and tone. Studies show that melasma is primarily linked to the overactivity of melanin production in the epidermis. This is why melasma commonly affects people with a darker skin type since they have more melanocytes than fair-skinned individuals.
Melasma can also appear more prominent when melanin activity is triggered by several internal and external factors. Here are some of the things that can lead to excess melanin production in the skin:
- Sun exposure – It goes without saying that prolonged exposure to UV rays without adequate sun protection can prematurely age your skin. Aside from being linked to a higher risk of skin cancer, sun exposure can cause wrinkles and fine lines as well as spots and patches of melasma. Ultraviolet light is said to stimulate melanin activity once it enters the skin which causes melasma symptoms.
- Hormones – What sets melasma apart from other hyperpigmentation disorders is that it has a hormonal factor. This condition is often associated with high estrogen and progesterone which is why women are more prone to having melasma than men. Some females may also notice their melasma getting worse during their menstruation cycles due to hormone fluctuations.
- Pregnancy – Melasma is also called ‘mask of pregnancy’ due to the elevated levels of estrogen during the third trimester which can stimulate melanocyte activity. Fortunately, melasma patches that show during pregnancy often fade once you’ve given birth.
- Certain skin care products – Some cosmetic products contain active ingredients that may cause skin irritation and aggravate your chronic melasma condition. You should always research or check with your dermatologist if your skincare product is suited for your skin type.
- Medications – Taking certain medications such as oral contraceptives, antibiotics, retinoids, and anti-inflammatories may make your skin more sensitive to sunlight and trigger melasma spots to appear.
Different Ways That Melasma Can Appear On Your Skin
Melasma can be categorized into three main types depending on the depth of pigmentation and its symptoms. Here are the different classes of melasma:
- Epidermal melasma – This type of hyperpigmentation is caused by the presence of excess melanin just below the skin surface. The dark spot from epidermal melasma usually has a well-defined border and is noticeable under a black light during the initial diagnosis. This is generally easier to treat since it responds well to common melasma treatments.
- Dermal melasma – With this hyperpigmentation disorder, the pigment is located in the deeper layers of the skin. When diagnosing dermal melasma, it usually appears light brown or bluish with a blurred border. Treating dermal melasma typically requires prescription-strength creams such as topical hydroquinone, tretinoin, and tranexamic acid.
- Mixed melasma – This condition is characterized by a combination of epidermal and dermal melasma. It mostly has brown and bluish patches and displays a mixed pattern when diagnosed under a black light. The use of a triple combination cream is one of the most common treatments for mixed melasma.
Achieve Better Skin Tone With Our Clear Skin Brightening Gel
Address your uneven skin tone and clear up your dark spots and patches with the help of our Clear Skin Brightening Gel. This melasma cream is made with 4-hexylresorcinol which is an organic compound that’s widely used for skin lightening treatments. According to studies, this active ingredient shows amazing promise for correcting spots from hyperpigmentation and reducing other signs of aging such as wrinkles and fine lines.
To make this product even more helpful for melasma and pigmentation, our doctors have added niacinamide to its formulation. Niacinamide is a common form of Vitamin B3 which provides antioxidant and skin protective benefits against oxidative stress, free radicals, and sun damage. Experts say that the combination of 4-hexylresorcinol and niacinamide can provide significant improvements in skin tone, complexion, and pigmentation of photoaged skin.
We recommend using the Clear Skin Brightening Gel at least 3 to 4 times a week during nighttime. Simply dispense 4 to 5 pumps of the gel into your hands and gently apply them to the face and neck. It can also be used as a dark spot treatment for melasma in the affected areas. You can also use this together with vitamin C skincare products and sunscreen for optimal results.
Lighten Dark Spots and Patches From Melasma With Our Beyond Vitamin K & Arnica Cream
You can’t go wrong with treating your dark patches and skin discoloration with our Beyond Vitamin K & Arnica Cream. This melasma cream contains vitamin K which is a popular active ingredient in many topical treatments for bruises and hyperpigmentation. Studies show that topical application of vitamin K can help inhibit cells that cause pigmentation, resulting in a lighter appearance of dark spots and patches.
Vitamin K is also essential in regulating blood coagulation which helps minimize the appearance of tiny capillaries and bruises on the skin. Additionally, it offers several anti-aging benefits as it promotes collagen production to enhance skin firmness and complexion.
This cream is also formulated with Arnica gel which is made of a natural herb that provides potent skin healing properties. The combination of vitamin K and Arnica can help speed up the depigmentation process by suppressing melanin activity to restore a more even skin tone with fewer spots and patches. We recommend using this melasma and hyperpigmentation cream daily as often as needed.
Other SeeBeyond Products That Can Help With Melasma
1) Exfoliating Seaweed Extract
Regular skin exfoliation can also help address your melasma condition. Use our Exfoliating Seaweed Extract daily to help get rid of dead and damaged skin cells while moisturizing your skin and renewing your protective barrier. This is doctor-formulated with Beta Hydroxy Acids (BHA) which are compounds that have an anti-inflammatory and soothing effect on the skin.
BHA is common in chemical peel treatments and it’s thought to work for melasma by removing excess melanin that causes hyperpigmentation. It’s also an excellent skin lightening agent that can improve your overall skin tone. We’ve added a moisturizing Chondrus Crispus (Seaweed) Extract to avoid having dry skin after the application of the product.
2) Beyond Sunscreen Tinted Broad Spectrum SPF 30 and SPF 55
Take care of your skin whenever you’re going out and lessen the damage of harmful UV rays with the help of our Beyond Sunscreen Tinted Broad Spectrum. This product comes in SPF 30 and SPF 55 to provide a strong shield against sunlight and prevent melasma spots.
Our sunscreen is formulated with zinc oxide and titanium oxide that helps scatter the UV rays when it hits your skin. It also contains a rich blend of aloe vera and vitamin E that can hydrate and calm the skin to minimize sunburn. This is suited for all skin types including dry, oily, acne-prone, and sensitive skin.
3) Stay Ageless Daily Moisturizer Mineral Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30
This product boasts a dual action of skin moisturizer and sun protection that you can use as daily as needed. Our Stay Ageless Moisturizer Mineral Sunscreen is made with titanium oxide and zinc oxide for optimal protection against ultraviolet light.
It also contains white horehound extract for additional protective effects against free radicals and cell damage, and knotgrass extract for rejuvenating the skin for a more youthful appearance. This is recommended for individuals with dry and combination skin.
SeeBeyond Medicine: Your Best Provider for Quality Melasma Creams
You don’t have to suffer alone with your melasma condition. Our professional doctors at SeeBeyond Medicine can provide expert advice and effective solutions to give your skin the best care and treatment that it deserves. Led by Dr. Joon Lee, our team has extensive experience in helping patients recover from their condition and maintain their skin health.
If you’re unsure about which product to use, you can reach out to our specialists via our Telemedicine service. We can provide one-on-one consultations for your skin problem and recommend the best skincare cream for melasma treatment.
You can also call or email our customer care team if you have questions about the contents of our products. Rest assured that our creams, moisturizers, and sunscreens are made with the highest-quality ingredients for safety and efficiency of treatment.
FAQs About Our Melasma Creams
Q: How effective are melasma creams for treating hyperpigmentation and dark spots?
A: Topical creams are usually the first-line treatment for melasma symptoms. They can reduce visible dark spots by inhibiting pigment formation and stimulate cell turnover to improve skin tone and texture. Other ingredients that are often found in melasma creams are kojic acid, glycolic acid, arbutin, and vitamin C.
Q: What other treatments can help with melasma?
A: The best way to address melasma is often a combination of topical corticosteroid creams, hydroquinone, and cosmetic procedures. A dermatologist can recommend having either a chemical peel, microneedling, or laser therapy in addition to using melasma cream for optimal results.
Q: How can I get my order from the shop?
A: You can place an order for melasma cream on our shop online and expect delivery within 3 to 7 business days. You don’t need to pay for shipping fee when your order exceeds $100. Otherwise, shipping costs $9.95 within the Continental United States, $19.95 in Hawaii and Alaska, and $39.95 in other locations. You can also pick up your items from our main office at 2 Overhill Road, Suite 260, Scarsdale, NY.
Address Your Melasma Concerns With Our Excellent Topical Creams at SeeBeyond
Reclaim your confidence in your skin when you treat your dark spots and patches with the best melasma cream. SeeBeyond Medicine is one of the trusted providers of products and supplements that can help address a variety of health conditions and skin disorders. Visit our online shop to browse our stocks or reach out to our team to know more about our products for melasma treatment.