Better Mood and Body Function With Adrenal Support Supplements
Stress can be a good thing in moderation – it keeps your body moving to face challenges and tasks every day. But chronic stress over an extended period leads to different health problems like adrenal exhaustion, causing you to feel worn out all the time, crave salty food, and develop an unhealthy stress response.
If you’re aiming for a healthy body that functions well, then having healthy adrenal glands should be one of your priorities. Lifestyle changes like eating a healthy and balanced diet, as well as exercising regularly contribute to healthy adrenal function. But you can also take adrenal supplement products to improve your stress tolerance and fight adrenal insufficiency.
At SeeBeyond Shop, we offer the DHEA Supreme – a dietary supplement that improves adrenal health and supports adrenal hormone production, resulting in enhanced basic physiological responses like healthy aging, stress response, fat reduction, and more.
What the Adrenal Gland Does for Your Body
Adrenal glands are the small and triangle-shaped organs found at the top of each kidney. They’re part of the endocrine system that’s responsible for the production of hormones that are essential for different body functions like:
- Immune system
- Stress response
- Sexual development
- Blood pressure
Each adrenal gland is made up of two parts that create different hormones: the adrenal cortex (outer layer of the gland) and the medulla (inner part of the gland). Some of the hormones that the adrenal gland produces include:
- Cortisol – This stress hormone is released by the adrenal gland to control your sleep cycle, regulate blood pressure, relieve inflammation, and increase blood sugar levels. Having a healthy cortisol level allows your body to boost your energy and handle emergencies better.
- Aldosterone – This adrenal hormone regulates your blood pressure, as well as the potassium and sodium levels. Aldosterone maintains the normal blood pH and electrolytes in your body.
- DHEA – This steroid hormone is naturally produced by the body to help create other hormones like estrogen and testosterone. Low levels of this steroid hormone in the body may lead to a reduced energy level and sex drive, increased weight gain, and a higher risk of depression.
- Adrenaline and noradrenaline – These are “fight or flight” hormones that are released by the adrenal glands when you are physically or emotionally stressed. They increase the heart rate and blood flow, resulting in better glucose metabolism.
The HPA Axis and Adrenal Fatigue
When you’re faced with stressful situations, it’s the hypothalamus in the brain that first recognizes the event. It signals the pituitary gland about the situation so that it can tell the adrenal glands to create and release stress hormones. This standard process is known as the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal or HPA axis.
Throughout human history, the HPA axis has allowed us to appropriately respond to stress by engaging in “fight or flight.” But with the number of stress stimuli thrown at us every day, the HPA axis is constantly engaged, leading to adrenal stress, burnout, and fatigue. When the brain always tells the adrenals to create stress hormones, it becomes incredibly unhealthy for the body – affecting your appetite, mood, sleep, libido, and other body functions.
Constant adrenal stress also uses up the micronutrient reserves in the body, depleting the levels of vitamin C, vitamin B5, vitamin B6, magnesium, antioxidants, and more. This results in micronutrient deficiency, a serious health concern that may progress to anemia, malnutrition, and other health conditions.
What Are Adrenal Support Supplements For?
Avoiding stressful situations and shifting to a healthier lifestyle are some of the best ways to minimize adrenal stress, but some people might find it difficult to change their lifestyle completely. To ensure healthy adrenal function, there are supplements you can take to stabilize cortisol levels, enhance body functions, and improve your overall quality of life.
But with the number of adrenal support supplements available in the market, it can be difficult for individuals to pick one that works best for them. Some of them even take multivitamins and hope for the best.
Determining which supplement to take depends on the condition you have. You shouldn’t simply take the strongest or most potent out of the bunch because it may only do more harm than good. It may even come with side effects like digestive issues, insomnia, anxiety, and adrenal crashes.
Depending on the type of support your body needs, your doctor may recommend taking adrenal supplements that contain vitamins, herbs, glandular, or hormones. Here are some of them:
1) Vitamins and Minerals
- Vitamin C
- Pantothenic acid
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin B complex
- Digestive enzymes
- Licorice root
- Ginkgo biloba
- Maca root
- Ginger root
- Panax ginseng
- Desiccated thyroid glandular
- Adrenal glandular
How to Boost Your Body’s Overall Performance
Managing adrenal fatigue can be extremely difficult because it affects a lot of aspects of your life – from the quality of your sleep to weight gain and sexual functions. Taking adrenal support supplements can greatly improve your body functions and stress response, but there are also other ways to boost adrenal function naturally:
- Prioritize getting a good night’s sleep: Resting your body gives it the chance to make all the necessary repairs and adjustments. Depending on the doctor’s recommendation, you can also take supportive supplements like GABA and melatonin to help you relax better and improve your sleep quality.
- Try low-intensity and restorative exercises: High-intensity training routines can make you crave sugar, ruin your healthy diet, and put additional strain on your adrenals. Gentle exercises and light yoga improves your health by giving you longer rest periods between each set.
- Cut out caffeine from your diet: Caffeine seems like the boost that your adrenal glands need when faced with stress, but it actually only adds stress and worsens dysfunction in the long run. Drinking caffeine also hurts sleep quality, so it’s better to hydrate yourself and increase electrolyte levels instead.
- Manage your stress levels better: Stress management is a must when it comes to reaching optimal health, so you better start finding an approach that works for you – whether it’s meditation, yoga, or occasional acupuncture appointments. Stress management can also mean knowing when to rest and what to prioritize.
Common Signs of Adrenal Fatigue and Stress
Problems of the adrenal gland have different symptoms depending on which hormone is affected. Most of the symptoms of adrenal stress are similar to other illnesses, so it might be difficult to detect early on.
Some of the signs and symptoms that are related to adrenal gland hormones and bodily processes include:
- Metabolism symptoms such as drastic and unexplained weight changes, fatigue, fluctuating blood sugar levels, and weakness
- Blood pressure symptoms like hypertension or hypotension
- Immune system symptoms including frequent sickness and vulnerability to different infections
- Sexual characteristics that usually affect women and prepubescent men, like the appearance of acne, having a deep voice, growing facial hair, and becoming more muscular
If you’re experiencing different signs of adrenal gland issues, your doctor can perform blood, urine, and saliva tests to evaluate the adrenal hormone levels in your body. If abnormalities are detected, they may recommend going through additional tests, taking adrenal supplements, or other treatment modalities.
Why You Might Need Adrenal Support Supplements
Adrenal support supplements are safe enough to be taken by anyone who’s completely healthy or even those who have adrenal gland issues. But these supplements are especially a prime choice for those who:
- Work long hours and have a stressful job
- Only get less than 8 hours of sleep each night
- Drink black tea, coffee, and other beverages that contain caffeine regularly
- Is concerned about adrenal stress and fatigue
- Want to experience healthy weight loss and increase in lean muscle mass
- Deal with occasional anxiety episodes because of stress
However, patients who are taking medications or those who are nursing or lactating should consult their doctor first before taking in new products.
Natural and Herbal Ingredients to Take With DHEA Supplements
DHEA is only one of the hormones that your adrenal glands produce. Although you might experience some stress relief and improved body function after taking these dietary supplements, you can take it up a notch by pairing them with other herbal and natural ingredients like:
- Vitamin C – This essential vitamin is needed for the adrenal glands to create the stress hormones that the body needs. It’s not stored in the body so vitamin C easily becomes depleted when you experience chronic stress.
- Vitamin B5 – Also known as pantothenic acid, vitamin B5 improves cellular energy, particularly in the adrenals. This results in balanced cortisol production and reduced levels of excess cortisol when you experience stressful events.
- Rhodiola – This adaptogenic herb protects the body from burnout and stress-related fatigue by balancing your stress response. It also increases mental clarity and boosts your immune system.
- Ashwagandha – This herb is a popular ingredient in many stress support supplements because of its direct effect on adrenal function, giving you more energy and strength to accomplish different tasks.
Why Choose SeeBeyond Shop’s Adrenal Supplements
There are lots of adrenal and stress support supplements out there that claim to help your body stabilize hormone levels and improve your quality of life, but only a few of them can show good results. If you’re looking for the best supplements for better adrenal health, then check out SeeBeyond Shop’s DHEA Supreme dietary supplement today.
1) Doctor Approved and Formulated Supplements
Our DHEA supplements, as well as other stress support products, are made of qualified and superior raw materials. We want every capsule, tablet, or powder to be safe and effective for our customers, so we don’t add anything that doesn’t meet our premium standards.
2) Organic and Non-GMO Ingredients
All of our products are made of clean ingredients with no genetically-modified organisms (GMOs). We also try to accommodate more customers by using organic ingredients that are gluten- and soy-free whenever we can. We always make sure to only use ingredients that have nutritional benefits for our customers.
3) Formula Described Exactly in the Label
Each of our products is analyzed to accurately confirm the quantity of each ingredient. We always ensure the consistency of our label claims to deliver the best results to our customers. All of our ingredients are added to optimize our formulation, so you can trust us to only use the best solutions for each product – no more and no less.
FAQs About Adrenal Support Supplements
Q: Can I take adrenal support supplements even if I have high or low cortisol levels?
A: Yes, adrenal supplements that contain adaptogens are made to help your body adapt to the stress it experiences. Depending on what the body needs, it can increase or decrease the adrenal hormones.
Q: Does taking DHEA supplements have any side effects?
A: Our DHEA supplements are mostly safe as long as you’re generally healthy. However, DHEA supplements may increase the risk of mania for patients with psychiatric disorders if not taken with caution. Make sure to consult with your physician first about taking DHEA supplements if you’re already on other medications or you’re diagnosed with mental health disorders.
Q: How often should I take adrenal support supplements?
A: We recommend taking our DHEA Supreme dietary supplement once a day with a meal. But if your healthcare practitioner recommends a different dosage, then you should follow that instead.
Find the Best Adrenal Support Supplements for Your Body at SeeBeyond Shop
If you find yourself faced with stress all the time that it already feels draining, then you might benefit from the energy and mood boost that adrenal support supplements bring. These supplements fill in the gaps in your adrenal function to give you that therapeutic push you need to accomplish tasks and more.
SeeBeyond Shop is the number one source of different dietary supplements that improve different body functions. Our DHEA supplements and other stress support products are formulated to help you manage stress better and achieve optimal health. Call us today to know more about our premium-quality products and to schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our functional medicine providers.