Boost Your Iodine for A Reliable Thyroid Support with Iodine Supplements
Iodine deficiency disorder is one of the major global health problems, affecting around 2 billion people worldwide with only 50 million of them exhibiting clinical signs. Among these patients, children and pregnant and lactating women have higher risks of developing complications. Low iodine levels heighten your chances of developing thyroid dysfunction and other chronic medical conditions.
SeeBeyond Shop is a trusted partner for iodine supplementation, made with vegan and non-GMO products. If you’re one of the patients with a high risk of having thyroid disease, you may benefit from taking our supplements to help stabilize the iodine status of your body. Learn about our vitamins and minerals for a holistic approach to overall health with functional medicine.
What are Iodine Supplements?
Iodine supplements, usually in the form of sodium iodide or potassium iodide, are capsules, drops, or tablets taken orally to support your iodine levels and lessen oxidative stress. Iodine is vital for the thyroid gland and many of our bodily processes. We receive our daily intake of this mineral from the food we eat. So those who don’t receive ample amounts of iodine from their diet take supplements for extra iodine.
Some iodine supplements are sourced from kelp or seaweed, or animal products. That’s why you should first check the ingredients to check if the product is suitable for your vegan lifestyle or if it doesn’t contain materials you’re allergic to.
SeeBeyond Shop is your one-stop shop for supplements, including iodine and thyroid health boosters. Board-certified doctors have formulated our products, committed to providing you with safe and high-quality nutritional supplements. They are made with superior raw materials, vegan-friendly, and non-GMO.
What is Iodine?
Iodine is a vital mineral needed by the body to support thyroid hormone production — these hormones are necessary for controlling your body’s metabolism and other processes. Pregnant women and infants greatly need iodine to support brain and bone development, though everyone must ensure a stable iodine level. Iodine can also kill bacteria, fungi, amoebas, and other microorganisms. You can find iodine in:
- Animal meat
- Iodized salt
Poor iodine intake can lead to an enlarged thyroid gland as it works harder and becomes swollen. Since this gland is responsible for many bodily functions, you can be at a high risk of developing several medical conditions.
Why You Need Iodine?
As mentioned, iodine is a vital mineral for regulating many bodily functions because it works directly with your thyroid gland in producing necessary hormones related to metabolism, bone health, and other processes. You need iodine specifically for:
- Supporting thyroid health – your thyroid gland needs iodine to produce hormones that regulate your heart and metabolism. Having low iodine levels overwork the thyroid, causing it to get swollen or become more susceptible to other complications, like hypothyroidism.
- Reducing the risk of developing goiters – goiter or an enlarged thyroid gland is caused by hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism. You may also develop this condition because of cysts in your thyroid gland, but it commonly results from iodine deficiency. Because of this, a normal iodine status in the body can reduce your risk of having an enlarged thyroid gland.
- Managing thyroid cancer – ensuring thyroid health by taking normal levels of iodine can help reduce cancer risks. More than this, radioiodine is also one of the viable treatments for thyroid cancer as it destroys your thyroid cells, eliminating cancer cells as well.
- Regulating overactive thyroid – radioactive iodine or radioiodine is also used as a treatment for patients with an overactive thyroid gland. These oral medications destroy the extra cells in your thyroid glands to regulate excessive thyroid hormone production. But radioiodine must be taken with caution and upon your doctor’s prescription.
- Supporting neurodevelopment of fetus during pregnancy – pregnant women must be more attentive to their iodine levels, especially since this mineral is needed more for the fetus’ brain development. A study has revealed that pregnant women with iodine deficiency are more likely to give birth to babies with a lower IQ or other cognitive disabilities. Breastfeeding women must also be attentive to their iodine intake because this mineral will be transferred to the infant via breast milk. Consult your doctor about your diet and the iodine supplements you can take if you’re pregnant or lactating.
- Enhancing cognitive function – a normal iodine level promotes healthy brain function among children, reducing the risks of having an intellectual disability. Consult your child’s pediatrician to learn more about a proper diet with the right iodine intake or if they need to take supplements for a boost in iodine.
- Helping manage fibrocystic breast disease – taking iodine supplements is also one of the ways for managing and treating fibrocystic breast disease. While non-cancerous, painful lumps may develop in the breasts.
Those are some of the reasons why you need a stable intake of iodine in your body, so consulting a specialist about your iodine levels can help promote overall bodily health and prevent chronic diseases or complications. SeeBeyond Shop offers vegan-friendly and non-GMO iodine supplements made with high-quality raw materials formulated by doctors to ensure safety and effectiveness.
Who Should Take Iodine Supplements?
Some patients have a high risk of having iodine deficiency, while some find that it’s not a problem at all due to their diet. Knowing if you classify among those who should take iodine supplements helps you prevent dangerously low iodine levels that may progress into a serious thyroid disease or complication. You should consider taking iodine supplements if you:
- Don’t use iodized salt
- Live in high-altitude areas or locations far from the sea, having little access to iodine
- Lead a vegan lifestyle, not consuming fish, meat, or dairy
- Are pregnant, needing 50% more iodine than others to promote brain development of the fetus
SeeBeyond offers a wide range of vegan-friendly and high-quality nutritional supplements, including iodine boosters. We use only the best ingredients to formulate supplements for your daily needs, undergoing strict protocols and strict compliance with the FDA.
However, it’s best to consult doctors such as that from SeeBeyond before taking iodine supplements, because it’s important to test and monitor for iodine levels as they can build up to toxic levels.
Symptoms of Iodine Deficiency
Fortunately, iodine deficiency disorder is rare in the United States because it’s been present in most food choices. But should you find yourself in one of the risk factors of developing this health condition, you might want to be familiar with its signs and symptoms, like:
- Swelling of the neck – a swelling neck due to the development of goiters is the most common sign of having low iodine levels. This is due to cells in the thyroid gland growing and multiplying upon working harder than usual because it doesn’t get enough iodine for hormone production. Leaving goiters untreated for a long time can result in permanent damage to the thyroid gland.
- Unexpected weight gain – if you have a low iodine intake, you’ll notice that you gain weight unexpectedly, caused by your body burning calories less and less when at rest. The thyroid hormone controls your metabolism as the body converts the food you eat into heat and energy. Having low iodine levels means your thyroid produces fewer hormones for burning off calories, so the food you eat only becomes stored as fat.
- Hair loss – thyroid hormones also support the hair follicles for hair growth, so having a low iodine status in the body also causes hair loss. Your thyroid gland doesn’t produce enough hormones for the hair follicles because of iodine deficiency.
- Weakness and fatigue – you may notice yourself getting weaker and more sluggish than usual. This is because the body doesn’t produce enough energy due to declining metabolism.
- Dry and cracking skin – iodine deficiency also results in dry and flaky skin, affecting 77% of patients with low levels of thyroid hormones. These hormones also support skin cell regeneration, so iodine deficiency also causes the skin to become dry and dull as cells. This is because your skin cells have trouble regenerating and hydrating your skin, leading to dullness and dryness. The thyroid hormones are also responsible for regulating sweat that helps keep the skin hydrated, so sweating less also contributes to having dry skin.
- Feeling cold – feeling colder than usual is also one of the signs of iodine deficiency, with studies discovering that 80% of patients with low levels of thyroid hormones become more sensitive to the cold. This symptom is also related to having a slower metabolism due to having fewer thyroid hormones, as these hormones also generate heat just as it converts food to energy.
- Slower heartbeat – your iodine levels can also affect your heart rate, as severe iodine deficiency may result in a slow heartbeat. Your body ends up having poor blood circulation and oxygen distribution that will make you feel weaker and more fatigued, even making you faint.
- Memory and learning problems – the thyroid hormone is also linked to brain development, learning, and memory retention, so having a low iodine status may result in poor cognition and trouble remembering. Clinical trials have also discovered that patients with low levels of thyroid hormones have a smaller hippocampus, the part of the brain responsible for retaining long-term memory.
- Irregular and heavy menstruation – iodine deficiency is also linked to having heavy menstrual bleeding and irregular cycles, as low thyroid hormone levels interfere with the signals regulating your menstrual cycle.
- Pregnancy problems – as mentioned earlier, pregnant women require more iodine levels than usual to support the development of the fetus. Poor iodine intake may cause health conditions and even complications for the mother and infant, like having an underactive thyroid, goiter, fatigue, weakness, and sensitivity to cold temperatures. The child may also have stunted brain development and physical growth.
If you’re experiencing any of the symptoms above, you might want to consult your doctor immediately and seek guidance for a change in diet or prescription of iodine supplementation. SeeBeyond Shop formulates high-quality iodine supplements to support your iodine levels and thyroid health, made only with the best raw materials.
Support Thyroid Health with Iodine Supplements at SeeBeyond Shop
SeeBeyond Shop is a trusted partner for formulating the best dietary supplements for our daily needs. One of the many nutritional products we offer is iodine supplementation, tailor-fitted for people needing extra iodine for thyroid health. Aside from iodine supplements, we also have products that provide well-rounded support for your thyroid gland.
|Nutritional Supplement||Iodine Ion Supplements||Thyroid Support Supplements||Molecular Iodine Supplements|
|Description||The Iodine Ion supplements are packed with a holistic blend of iodine and selenium to promote a healthy level of iodine in the body, reducing oxidative stress, and promoting breast health. The selenium that complements our iodine formulation is harvested from SelenoExcell®.||Our Thyroid Support supplements have an all-in-one formula for supporting thyroid function, containing Panax quinquefolius, non-stimulating American ginseng for helping you relieve stress, fatigue, and anxiety. It contributes to maintaining healthy levels of blood sugar, insulin, and cortisol and promotes a balanced peripheral thyroid hormone conversion. This nutritional supplement contains vital minerals, vitamins, and other components for a healthy thyroid gland.||The Molecular Iodine supplement from SeeBeyond Shop provides a significant boost to iodine levels for persistent and long-term thyroid function. It contains a sophisticated balance of molecular iodine and potassium iodide for promoting thyroid and breast tissue support.|
|Supplement Facts||Iodine – 3 mgSelenium – 100 mcg||Vitamin A – 200 IUVitamin B-12 (Riboflavin) – 5 mgIodine – 100 mcgZinc – 25 mgSelenium – 50 mcgCopper – 5 mg||Potassium iodide – 7500 mcgMolecular iodine – 5000 mcg|
|Capsules/Tablets per Bottle||90 capsules per bottle||120 capsules per bottle, 60 servings||90 capsules per bottle|
|Recommended Dose||1 capsule per day or as recommended by your doctor||2 capsules a day||As prescribed by your doctor|
SeeBeyond Shop formulates iodine supplements with the best raw materials, like all of our nutritional supplements. We’re committed to providing safe and effective products that promote utmost health and wellness to our customers. You may check out products by browsing our catalog today.
Get Your Daily Iodine and Other Vitamins and Minerals from Our Supplements at SeeBeyond Shop
Iodine is a vital mineral supporting the function of the thyroid gland in hormone production, responsible for the fundamental processes in our body, like metabolism and brain development. It’s usually present in our diet, but others may find themselves with low levels of this mineral, leading to goiter, weight gain, and even complications. If you have iodine deficiency or are at risk of this health condition, you may need reliable iodine supplements.
SeeBeyond Shop formulates a wealth of health supplements tailor-fitted for your daily nutritional needs. With our team of expert medical professionals in functional medicine, we create iodine supplements and other products with only the best raw materials, non-GMO, and suitable for vegans. Get the best health supplements and schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our functional medicine providers today.