Effective Thyroid Supplements for Enhanced Metabolic Function
The normal function of the thyroid organ is significant to regulate our temperature and metabolism. The thyroid is also responsible for homeostasis within the body, so an imbalanced thyroid may cause you to suffer from medical issues in weight management, fatigue, psychological health, and reproductive health.
Maintain your body’s balanced overall health and vitality with thyroid supplements which contain thyroid hormones to boost your thyroid organ function. Learn more about our thyroid supplements by scheduling a consultation with us. Your first consultation is free here at SeeBeyond Shop.
The Essence of a Thyroid Gland
The thyroid organ controls and manages the thyroid hormones that are responsible for a regulated metabolic function for the effective conversion of food into energy to be used up by the body for optimal performance. Furthermore, thyroid hormones have other purposes or roles depending on the age and biological orientation of an individual.
Thyroid Hormones Your Body Needs
A thyroid hormone consists of a combination of 2 main hormones released by your thyroid gland which are thyroxine (T4) and triiodothyronine (T3). These 2 hormones are responsible for regulating your metabolism. The difference between the 2 hormones is that T4 is inactive, while T3 has an active function. What happens is that T4 is released so that other organs in the body transform it into T3.
Aside from thyroid hormones, the thyroid organ is also responsible for releasing calcitonin. Calcitonin is not considered a thyroid hormone. Although it’s released by the thyroid gland, it does not have a similar function to T3 and T4. The primary purpose of calcitonin is to regulate calcium levels in your blood, ensuring that it remains at minimal levels.
When Hormonal Imbalances Occur: Kinds of Thyroid Conditions
Imbalances in thyroid hormone production occur when there are excess or deficient levels of thyroid hormones. These may occur if the parts of the system involved in its production process are subject to issues. The levels of thyroid hormones are controlled by the following:
- Hypothalamus. The hypothalamus is a part of the brain that controls specific functions such as body temperature and digestion, among others.
- Pituitary Gland. The pituitary gland is where the hypothalamus controls the release of certain hormones.
- Thyroid Gland. The thyroid organ is responsible for the production of thyroid hormones to boost your metabolic function.
- Other hormones. Your hypothalamus and pituitary gland releases hormones to release and stimulate the production of thyroid hormones in your thyroid gland.
Hypothalamus is responsible for the production of the thyroid-releasing hormone (TRH) that communicates to the pituitary gland to generate the production and release of thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH). The TSH then triggers the thyroid gland to produce T4 and T3.
The process of thyroid hormone production occurs in a feedback loop system in which the increase in the levels of T4 and T3 prevents the release of TRH and TSH to maintain the normal levels of thyroid hormones in your body. So thyroid conditions normally arise due to the disruption in the production of thyroid hormones. Such conditions include:
- Hypothyroidism. This is characterized as an underactive thyroid wherein the thyroid gland doesn’t meet the normal level of thyroid hormone produced. Hypothyroidism results in a condition where your metabolic processes slow down, leading to weight gain and intolerance of cold temperatures. Furthermore, hypothyroidism may be caused by an autoimmune condition called Hashimoto’s disease, among others.
- Hyperthyroidism. This is characterized as an overactive thyroid wherein the thyroid gland produces excessive levels of thyroid hormone. Hyperthyroidism accelerates your metabolic processes, which may cause excessive, uncontrolled weight loss, as well as irregular heartbeat. Furthermore, this may be caused by an autoimmune condition called Graves’ disease, among other causes.
- Thyroiditis. Thyroiditis is a form of thyroid inflammation that is caused by a reaction of the antibodies to the attack on the thyroid. This means that thyroiditis is a result of a group of individual disorders that manifest themselves in different ways.
- Thyroid nodules. Nodules in your thyroid are solid and fluid-filled and are located at the base of your neck. Having these nodules may hint at an overgrowth of cells in the thyroid gland caused by many different factors that may include cancers or infections. Most thyroid nodules are mild and asymptomatic, however, it’s still important to properly diagnose and assess whether these lumps are cancerous or not.
- Goiter. This condition is characterized by an enlarged thyroid gland. Goiter is basically a thyroid nodule that is large enough to be visible.
- Thyroid cancer. Thyroiditis may be one of the symptoms of thyroid cancer, which occurs when malignant cells form in the tissues of your thyroid organ. Many different known and unknown factors may affect the risk of thyroid cancer.
Thyroid hormones are essential for normal metabolic function and balanced vitality so the signs and symptoms of thyroid conditions are noticeable. Some of the symptoms caused by these imbalances are the following:
- Drastic weight gain or weight loss
- Dry or moist skin
- Intolerance to extreme temperatures (hot or cold)
- Irregular menstrual cycle
- Abnormal heart rate (too slow or too fast)
The symptoms of thyroid hormone imbalance may be generic symptoms that are attributed to other health conditions, so it’s best to seek your healthcare provider for qualified medical advice to diagnose and treat your thyroid organ abnormalities.
How Thyroid Supplements Help You Manage Thyroid Conditions
It’s possible to live without a thyroid, but impossible to survive without thyroid hormones. Thyroid hormone replacement therapy, a common treatment for boosting thyroid hormones, can have long-term side effects, which may make you want to do everything you can to protect your thyroid.
Fortunately, thyroid supplements contain natural vitamins, minerals, and other ingredients that can help improve or boost how you take care of your thyroid gland. Thyroid supplements contain clinically significant amounts of thyroid hormones, but if you want to improve your thyroid health using thyroid supplements, you should consult your healthcare provider first.
Thyroid Supplements for Ultimate Thyroid Health
Nutrient deficiencies commonly cause thyroid conditions, so it’s important to know which nutrients must be included in your thyroid supplements such as the following:
- Iodine. Iodine plays a crucial role for normal thyroid function, its sole purpose is to support optimal thyroid hormone synthesis. The thyroid hormones, T3 and T4, both contain iodine so iodine deficiency clearly causes thyroid disease.
- Selenium. Selenium also promotes healthy thyroid hormone production levels by protecting your thyroid from damage attributed to oxidative stress. This supplement is also responsible for the metabolism of thyroid hormones to prevent thyroid disease. Deficiency in this hormone may also lead to thyroid dysfunction.
- Iron. Iron is essential in the conversion process of T4 into T3 so iron deficiency may also cause thyroid disease.
- Zinc. This mineral stimulates thyroid hormone and TSH production in healthy levels.
Why You Should Choose SeeBeyond Shop’s Thyroid Supplements
If you’re looking for dietary supplements to treat or avoid a thyroid condition, it’s important that you work with a qualified healthcare provider to work on a suitable treatment plan involving thyroid supplements. This is for the purpose of choosing the right supplementation that suits your needs or current health condition.
Learn more about our thyroid supplements by scheduling a consultation with us. Your first consultation is free here at SeeBeyond Shop.
The following thyroid supplements are available at SeeBeyond Shop:
- Thyroid Support. If you’re looking for an all-in-one supplement to boost and maintain your thyroid health, the Thyroid Support supplement by SeeBeyond shop is a good option for you. This supplement contains all of the needed nutrients for optimal thyroid function such as Iodine, Selenium, Iron, and Zinc. Other vitamins and extracts are also included to help maintain a healthy thyroid hormone production level.
- Iodine Ion. A synergistic blend of iodine and selenium in a capsule, Iodine Ion supplements are also recommended to reduce oxidative stress to maintain the hormone production of your thyroid organ, as well as your overall body health.
Risks and Side Effects of Dietary Supplements for Thyroid Health
Taking thyroid supplements to boost your thyroid health comes with given consequences, you may either experience what you would likely experience if you have a hormonal imbalance or it would still lead to hyperthyroidism due to the excessive production of thyroid hormones. Some of the side effects of thyroid supplements that are similar to hormonal therapy medication are the following:
- Excessive sweating
- Mood swings and nervousness
- Hot flashes
- Extreme sensitivity to heat
Hyperthyroidism usually occurs with the intake of thyroid-specific supplements so it’s best to avoid it unless specifically recommended by your doctor. It also helps to purchase dietary supplements from trusted brands such as SeeBeyond Shop.
Consulting your healthcare provider is important to ensure that the dietary supplements prescribed to you’re not too high nor too low, otherwise, the supplements would be useless or detrimental to your health. It will be easy to adjust your dosage if you get some signs that it is too high or low depending on its noticeable effects on you.
Here are some signs that the prescribed dosage and intake of thyroid supplements are too high:
- Rapid heartbeat
- Sleep difficulty
- Extreme heat sensitivity
- Weight loss
Additionally, here are some signs that the prescribed dosage and intake of thyroid supplements are too high:
- Weight gain
- Hair loss
- Poor cognitive performance
- Joint pain and muscle pain
- Extreme coldness sensitivity
- Irregularities in menstrual cycle
- Lack of symptomatic improvement
FAQs About Thyroid Supplements
Q: What supplements shouldn’t be taken with thyroid supplements?
A: To avoid any adverse effects, avoid taking calcium supplements, cholesterol drugs, iron supplements, or antacids at the same time you take your thyroid supplements. It’s okay to take these drugs while you’re taking thyroid supplements but make sure that you follow the right interval of taking these medications.
Q: When is it advisable to take thyroid supplements?
A: The factors that affect the effectiveness of thyroid supplements include the timing of your supplement intake, which takes into consideration the best time that the supplements get absorbed into the bloodstream. For best results, you should take our capsules during meals or as prescribed by your healthcare provider.
Q: What medications may interfere with thyroid supplements?
A: Aside from supplements, an actual medication designed to address and treat certain deficiencies or medical conditions may also interfere with thyroid supplements such as the following:
- Calcium carbonate
- Antacids containing aluminum
Q: How can I boost my thyroid naturally?
A: For people who have no current or potential thyroid issues, they may simply boost and maintain their thyroid hormone levels through lifestyle habits. Incorporating a nutrient-dense diet that prioritizes the consumption of whole foods helps promote optimal thyroid function. You may also prioritize foods that are rich in nutrients such as B vitamins, as well as magnesium, vitamin D, vitamin A, and vitamin E.
Q: Is it advisable to avoid coffee while taking thyroid supplements?
A: Coffee reportedly decreases the level of nutrients absorbed by the body from thyroid supplements. The level of reduction is about 30%. However, eliminating coffee from your lifestyle is unnecessary. You can still drink coffee, but you must wait at least 60 minutes after your coffee drink before you can take your thyroid supplements.
Restore and Maintain Your Thyroid Function with Dietary Supplements at SeeBeyond Shop
Thyroid supplementation may be advantageous to treat a current thyroid condition or prevent potential thyroid disease. These supplements may also be used to enhance treatment for thyroid conditions. But do note that self-medicating using these supplements may worsen your pre-existing thyroid condition or have detrimental effects on your health.
Consulting a healthcare professional for qualified medical advice on the intake of thyroid supplements is important to ensure overall effectiveness with lower health risks. It’s also important to get your supplements from a trusted brand such as SeeBeyond Shop. Learn more about our thyroid supplements by scheduling your first free consultation with us.