SeeBeyond™ Medicine’s Immune Protocol
How to strengthen your Immune System!
Our immune systems are a vital part of our health. Some of us are blessed with strong immune systems, some of us suffer from diseases or are on medications that suppress our immune systems, some of us have overactive immune systems. No matter what the status is of your immune system, all of us can follow the guidelines in this blog to give our immune systems some TLC.
What is our immune system anyway?
Our immune system is precisely a system, not a one man’s job. It’s a network throughout the body that talks to each other with the overall goal to protect us against infections and fight the ones that come our way. It includes cells, organs and tissues, specifically white blood cells, antibodies, the lymph system, thymus, spleen, and bone marrow. The system is designed to destroy foreign invaders and to record or create antibodies against microbes it has defeated in order to attack them quickly if they enter the body again.
Other ways our bodies protect us:
- Skin – our barrier to the outside world that secretes oil contained anti-bacterial enzymes
- Lungs – mucous traps foreign invaders, cilia moves them upwards to be coughed out
- Digestive Tract – acid in the stomach can kill most microbes
Why does my immune system initiate a fever?
No, it is not to just make us feel icky. The real reason our body temperature rises is actually an immune response in hope to kill microbes. Fever also triggers the body’s repair process.
Disorders of the immune system:
Allergic Diseases – when the immune system has a strong response to allergens such as asthma, hay fever, anaphylaxis, food allergies, medication allergies, and eczema
Autoimmune Diseases – the immune system has a response to normal components of the body such as Multiple Sclerosis, Type 1 Diabetes, Rheumatoid Arthritis
Underactive or Immunodeficiency:
The immune system does not function correctly and makes you more susceptible to infections.
- Inherited conditions – Common Variable Immunodeficiency (CVID) and x-linked severe combined immunodeficiency (SCID)
- Medications – such as corticosteroids and chemotherapy
What can I do to strengthen my immune system?
SeeBeyond™ Medicine Immune Boot Camp
- Do not smoke
- Sleep 7-8 hours
- Exercise at least 3 times a week for 20 minutes
- Minimize stress
- Boost Immune System with immune supplements
- Eat Organic – no pesticides, fungicides
- Vegetables and Fruits – contain flavonoids and antioxidants. Eat 5-7 servings of vegetables and 2-3 servings of fruit daily
- Cook with immune boosting foods garlic, onions, ginger, turmeric, mushrooms
- Eat Food high in Vitamin C – Lemon, limes, grapefruit, oranges, red bell peppers, broccoli, spinach, thyme, parsley, kale, kiwi, Brussel sprouts, strawberries
- Eat Food high in Zinc – Beef, pork, chicken, shellfish crab and lobster, legumes like chickpeas and lentils, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, cashews, almonds
- Use Turmeric and Ginger while cooking
- Drink Turmeric tea
- Use Lavender – oil, candle, lotion to relax
- Take bubble baths
- Meditation – use 1giantmind app FREE, or Calm, Shine, Head Space app
- Start a Gratitude Journal or get the 5 Minute Journal on Amazon
- Be in nature – walk in a park, in the woods, sit in the sun. Nature is healing
SeeBeyond Medicine Immune Supplements
- My Immunity – Vitamin C and zinc play important roles in nutrition, immune defense and production of collagen in our skin! Intake of both is often inadequate, even in affluent populations. The common cold continues to place a great burden on society in terms of suffering and economic loss. A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trials, conducted with a combination of 1000 mg vitamin C plus 10 mg zinc in patients with the common cold showed a significant reduction of the duration of runny nose. My Immunity has 2000mg of Vitamin C with 5mg zinc. This dose will prevent, relief and shorten the duration of your common cold symptoms. This product has a good safety profile and is very well tolerated. Enjoy this simple but powerful combination of Vitamin C and zinc against all infections!
- Immune Support – Immune Support is an herbal formula that is designed to support healthy immune system function during cold and flu season. It contains herbs that support normal natural killer (NK) cell activity and the balance of cytokines, which are the regulatory proteins released by immune cells as part of a normal immune system response.** The standardized herbs in this formula contain optimal and consistent amounts of the most active ingredients. Immune Support is suitable for long term use and for all age groups.
- Vitamin D – Vit D w/K provides a clinically useful dose of vitamin D3, 5000 IU per veggie cap, and vitamin K in both K1 and the MK-7 form of K2. Vitamins D and K are essential for optimal bone and arterial health and for maintaining the immune system in proper balance. The amount of vitamin D and K in this formula may be beneficial for those who do not get adequate sun exposure and/or dietary sources of these vitamins. Vitamins D and K work as a team. Thus, increasing doses of vitamin D will increase the need for vitamin K.
- My Immunoglobulin G – My Immunoglobulin G is the only purified, dairy-free source of immunoglobulin G (IgG) available as a dietary supplement. Serum-derived bovine immunoglobulins (SBI) provide the highest IgG concentration available for GI and immune challenges where allergens are a significant concern. Pure IgG helps to maintain a healthy intestinal immune system by binding a broad range of microbes and toxins within the gut lumen. My Immunoglobulin G provides 1,200 mg IgG in a one-scoop serving.
- Lysine Supreme – Lysine Supreme is an essential amino acid necessary for growth and tissue repair and serves a role in the normal production of antibodies, hormones, and enzymes. Lysine is also a precursor of L-carnitine, an amino acid derivative needed for the normal metabolism of fatty acids for energy production in the body.
- Cats Claw – Liposomal Cat’s Claw formula provides a proprietary blend of ingredients including cat’s claw, monolaurin, lemon balm extract, mint oil, vitamin D and other compounds to support a healthy immune system.
Please consult with a physician before following any of our protocols or schedule a free consult with SeeBeyond Medicine
In good health,
Dayna Arena, RN